Let’s face it – If you live in the United States, chances are central air conditioning is a necessity. But what if you have a home where traditional ductwork is difficult or even impossible to install? And what about the aesthetics of exposed ducts ruining an otherwise beautiful room. Sounds like a strong case for an alternative to traditional bulky ductwork! The Spacepak high velocity system uses 2″ mini ducts to distribute air.
- Spacepak can be used to centrally cool structures where wet heat (steam or hot water), electric heat, or inadequately sized conventional warm air systems are installed, for cooling or where the installation of sheet metal ducts would be expensive or difficult.
- Distribution of air is by means of flexible, pre-insulated 2-inch mini air ducts (inside diameter) which slide through wall structures and around obstructions.
- The Spacepak high velocity system utilizes 1/2 the volume of air used by conventional systems and delivers it draft-free.
- Spacepak has a deeper coil that can remove up to 30% more moisture from the air for greater comfort and energy efficiency.
- Each mini duct run has special sound attenuation materials that absorb airborne and regenerated noise to provide a quiet air conditioning system.
- Spacepak is the least intrusive installation of any system available. The only visible part inside the home is a small, white, disc-like terminator (one-seventh as large as the usual 8″ ceiling diffuser). Blends with any decor. Conditioned air is delivered into the room through a small 2-inch opening.
- Virtually eliminates major structural work, costly remodeling and redecorating and disruption of household routine.
- Standard Spacepak air conditioning and heating systems available in 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, and 5 ton capacities.
Once you’ve determined if Spacepak is right for you, you’ll need a complete materials list to determine your final price for the equipment and ducting. Fortunately, unlike traditional systems the materials required, including the number of outlets, are fairly standardized and are based mainly on the size, or tonnage of the system. Spacepak requires 6-7 outlets per ton of cooling. So if your home requires 3 tons, you’ll need 18-21 outlets. This enables you to buy a complete package without having to assemble a materials list from scratch.